Thursday, February 26, 2009

lazy sewing

I've had a sewing machine that has caused me many problems. Probably because it only cost me five dollars. So, after never being able to get the tension right I decided to get a new one with automatic tension. Happy Birthday Mama! I put together a little play dress for Amelia. I didn't use a pattern, measuring, pinning--none of the normal sewing techniques. I just did it to see if I could figure it out on my own. It's a good thing it's just a play dress. She loves it and that's all that matters.






Pin It

3 comments:

Micah and Melinda said...

so cute!

Natalie said...

You've got some mad sewing skills...way to go Laurie! I really am impressed. I haven't seen your blog, so I just went through it - I love all the fun things you do with your kiddos. There is so much to see on the East coast - I wish there was more to do out here in podunk Camp Verde! Lil' Lij is a cutie! And Malachi & Amelia are getting so big! Do you have a plan to come out and visit anytime soon? We'd love to see you!

Emily said...

Nice a job, Laurie! It seems to have turned out beautifully. However, you could have put a burlap bag on Amelia and she would have looked pretty in it. She is a little beauty. :)