Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I LOVE Autumn. It is my favorite time of the year--the colors, the crisp air, pie, cute jackets, cozy sweaters, funky long socks, pumpkins, football games, a holiday devoted to scaring people and candy, a holiday devoted to eating and giving thanks, did I mention pie . . .
I'm determined to learn to make an amazing pie crust. So far not so great. Who do I turn to . . . why Justin just happens to make an amazing pie crust. Lucky for me I have a mentor in my own home.
Don't you just love these apple peeler, corer, slicer things. They are the coolest!
I'm excited to begin canning applesauce and apple butter now that apples are cheap.
So, I will keep practicing with the pie crusts--I'm sure there will be no complaints. I've been watching the show Road to Avonlea. Thanks to Netflix---I just love Netflix. One of the main characters is a girl, Felecity, who is determined to one day be the best homemaker. It's a cute show about simple times and old fashioned goodness. I love the kitchen scenes and watching them prepare their meals. I also love the idea of having locks on all the cabinets so little hands can't reach in and grab sweets. Here is a clip--don't forgot to turn off the music if it's on. Pin It

4 comments:

The Self's said...

I LOVE fall too!! I learned a trick for apple pie crust, use leaf-shaped cookie cutters, and just circle the leaves around, starting from the outside edges. I tried it once and it turned out great!

Laurie Freeman said...

that sounds like a great idea--i'll have to try it!

Stephen said...

Amy LOVES Road to Avonlea. It was one from her childhood and she wanted me to watch it with her a few weeks ago.

Laurie Freeman said...

that's funny--Amy has good taste! Justin groans everytime I watch it.