Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Studio Apt.

This is a corner of the playroom that I've redone for a certain little girl I'm partial to. Her own little apartment. There's a table I got at a yard sale years ago and repainted off to the left out of view. It doesn't have a kid size bed (which was requested) but it has her doll bed also out of view.
The kitchen set she got for Christmas last year with help from my mom.

I stitched this little wall hanging for a decoration because it's playful and I love the poem.
The Whole Duty of Children:
A child should always say what's true
And speak when he is spoken to,
Behave mannerly at table,
At least as far as he is able.
--Robert Louis Stevenson

The wicker set Malachi spotted at a thrift store awhile ago and begged to have it. They were in rough shape. He liked them because they were blue. Well the paint was coming off of them so I didn't tell him at the time I had complete plans to redo them. I spray painted them a nice bright yellow and sewed little cushions and pillows for them.
All three of them love the new area to play. Elijah's favorite thing to do is climb up on the wicker couch and then scream for help because he can't get down.
By the way, he's a little walker now. Ten months and walking---must be a third child thing.



Pin It

No comments: