Thursday, December 22, 2011

Winter Solstice

Today is Winter Solstice, and normally we would be busy making paper snowflakes and other activities, but today we are busy packing for our trip to Virginia instead. Christmas is only a few days away, and it has come so quickly! I didn't even get half the stuff done that I planned. fall2011 329
And yes, if you look close enough you can still see the big white Christmas tree tag still on the tree! We have been busy, busy, busy. The kids have taken a little slower pace than myself though, and have spent many hours during these colder days playing games of chess. fall2011 325
We've also been busy making stuff for the holidays. I'll have more on that after Christmas. But one thing Malachi was able to work on was a constellation board. This is a great project for any kid that likes to use hammers and nails. fall2011 299
He picked out his favorite constellations, I drew them on the board with a pencil after he painted it blue, and then he nailed all the stars. After that, I strung it together. fall2011 326
Amelia plans to make one next, and they are also pretty neat gifts to make. You can purchase them on etsy for $65!! or you can make it yourself! fall2011 327
Pin It

1 comment:

Teddy said...

I'm stealing your constellation board idea. Amazing!

And, I'm super impressed with your boys playing chess; you've inspired me there too. AMAZING! I think I'll have to have John-boy teach them that one, since I have a hard enough time thinking one move ahead myself.

Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas, I can't wait to see pictures. :)