Friday, February 1, 2013

unforgotten moments

I'm constantly trying to think of ways to document our lives. We've done family journals which was good if you just have a family of girls. In my experience getting boys to write anything is a big challenge. Right now I've scaled the journaling down to the book Q&A a Day For Kids, by Betsy Franco. It's a 3 year journal with just a daily question for kids to answer. This is a way to capture some of the thoughts of a kid as they grow up. I also have this blog that I post to every once in a while. But, I've been looking for something more.  The kids grow just so fast, and I've been wanting a way to just capture our every day lives for them to remember. You know those little moments that you will be sad are long gone when they have grown up. I'm a more visual person and there are things that pictures can capture that writing can't, and vice versa. But, because the kids are still young and it's like pulling teeth to try and get some of them to write their thoughts and feelings down, I decided to go with the visual.
I decided I wanted to take little snapshots of our days-- just one or two --- and be able to post them in an online journal. I don't own a cell phone ---- I know that is shocking to so many of you, but I don't. Most people are able to do this with instagram and programs like that. But because that isn't an option for me right now, and I'm not sure if I want it to be, I've decided to go with Tumblr.
On the side bar there is a link to my page. It's called Unforgotten Moments. I will load daily pictures with a date and sometimes a caption, and that's it. Easy. No long blog post, just a visual journal of the little, simple, every day stuff. I have big plans to be able to put all these snapshots in a photo book at the end of the year, and continue it every year.
I will still blog here when I want to say more and explain things we may be working on.
I would welcome anyone that wants to join me on Tumblr!
Here are the pics for today:


Pin It

1 comment:

stephanie said...

I'll check out tumblr -thanks! Fyi, love your table.