Wednesday, November 25, 2009

fashion diva

Just about every day she has a request for me to make something for her. If I was a cobbler and could make shoes her wildest dreams would come true. But alas, I don't have those skills and she settled on arm warmers. Arm warmers? An odd request but an easy one.
Next . . . a big bag to carry her bear (the name is Two Straps), her little pig, and some books when she is going on an overnite visit. I found this all wool sweater at a GoodWill and got it for the purpose of crafting with. So, a bag was made.

Malachi had a rubber band of hers that he was playing with and she took it away from him. I told her it was okay for him to play with it and that she just couldn't take it from him. Do you know what she said in response . . . "Rubbish!"
I didn't know what to say and so I just chuckled and we all went on our way.


Pin It

3 comments:

Emily said...

Great ideas! I think I'll pull out some of the sweaters I stuck in the donation pile and see what I can make with them! And other items too!
I love her response. . . "RUBBISH!" That is going to be my new word for the week. . . or longer. :)

The Self's said...

What a funny girl! She's keeping up with the fashion trend with the arm warmers ;) (I've seen them quite a lot, especially now that the weather is cold.)

I still can't get over how crafty you are. I never would have thought of making a bag out of a sweater. Reminds me of what Steve always says "heat it up, wear it out, make it do or do without".

Becky said...

Man, I haven't been to your blog in forever! I love the sweater bag! I might even try to make one myself. Have you seen those cute little girls' dresses you can make out of a man's button-down dress shirt? They're really cute and probably not too hard to make. I love all the cute sewing projects you do--they're really beautiful.