Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Half Marathon

This month I was able to run a half marathon with my friends Casey and Theresa from high school. This was a first for each of us. We ran it in Charlottesville, Va which is a little too close to the Blue Ridge Mountains. This race had waaaay more hills than we expected.
It started at 6:30 in the morning and Elijah wasn't thrilled to be up that early on a Saturday.
This is us waving to Elijah and Justin as we run by.

I'd have to say it was a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be. It was a blast running with friends. I think that made all the difference. We have plans to run more together through the years.

I did manage to gain some injuries. I strained the muscles in my foot and ankle along with gaining a stress fracture. I'm not sure which injury came first. But it did start about half way through the race. I didn't realize the damage and so ran on it for seven miles. I was in some intense pain especially near the end, but all I could focus on was finishing. Even though I'm still on crutches nine days after the race, I don't regret finishing. The race was still worth it.



Pin It

2 comments:

Lia said...

A BIG congratulations to you. What an accomplishment. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Becky said...

I can't believe you kept going on a stress fracture! Man, you are made of steel! Good job on finishing the race!